Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 953: The Next Decade!

Alright, so am a sucker for planning. There is no denying that. I plan my week ahead, the year ahead, what I need to get done before I turn 30, heck... I even plan on how to make the 1000 days running up to my 30th birthday "beautiful". That's the kinda planner I am.

But sometimes planners are at a loss too. Here's the latest situation.

Now that I have so successfully completed checking off everything on my "things to do before 30" list and am on track to turning 30 as a wiser, more satisfied, happy human being, the very obvious question arises - "What do you want to do by the time you are 40?"

"What do you want to do by the time you are 40?"

This one has several layers, you see. Do I continue to work at my current work place? Do I look for another job or maybe study further? Do I take up films and theatre full time? I have managed to juggle work, family, exercise, travel, films/theatre etc. up until now but will I be able to continue doing that especially with the baby coming? What about traveling? Where do I go next? What about financial planning? What about doing some good for the society? What about this, that and everything else?

I had no clue. Bummer.

I was already rather satisfied with whatever I had done until my 30th, so 40th was rather tricky as such and these additional questions do not really help. Everything I could think of initially, seemed like asking for a bit too much.

But all that confusion was only until today.

Today, I simply knew.

Out of the blue, it dawned on me. Exactly what I want to do the next decade! The clouds of uncertainty parted and I could see a clear direction!

Wooohooo!

Alright, I am not gonna write it all down here, because it is not one thing but several and they make sense to me right now but not necessarily to others.

But the whole point is that I know. And now that I know what I want, I can plan for it accordingly. The sense of purpose and direction makes me feel secure and in control.

And thus, the planning for the next decade begins!

47 more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment