Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 946: Scans, Celebrations & Happiness!

Kinda packed & happy day!

After half a day of work, in which I felt like I had to douse a million fires, I was off for my medical appointment - this time for what the doctor called a "detailed scan". And detailed indeed the scan was! We could watch the little one roll around and see the tiny face, torso, feet, arms, fingers and toes for a long time as the doctor took all the required measurements. The results were all thankfully normal and nothing to worry about but the best part was just being about to watch the kid play around for at least 15 minutes or so. I know in a world of 7 billion people, pregnancy and childbirth are hardly matters of any wonder, but whenever such a scan takes place, I can't help be amazed that there is actually a whole human being inside me!

Anyway after the scan, we got back home, relaxed a bit over tea and snacks and then went out for a bit of hanging out and shopping. It was the in-law's last weekend in town and we wanted to make the most of it!

Post that it was time for the birthday dinner of a close friend. I got to meet the usual gang, also the birthday boy's mom and aunt who were both such dear ladies. We had a ton of fun over some yummy Thai food followed by the bean-bag seated TCC drinks & desserts!

At the end of the day, I felt rather happy. Happy to have been product at work, happy to have seen the baby, happy to have spent time with in-laws and friends, happy to have all that awesome food and drinks. All small things maybe, but all happy!

54 more to go. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the scan. Wishing you the best. :-)

    And ah.. I still wish you had Disqus here. haha

    ReplyDelete