Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 943: Chaat, Chaat & Even More Chaat!


It was a hectic day at work after the holidays, and I was rather tired by the time I got home. But I was instantly perked up when I saw that my in-laws had made this super amazing spread of Chaats for dinner! 

Wikipedia explains Chaat as “savoury snacks, typically served at road-side tracks from stalls or carts in India”. Given that I don’t have a better way to explain this other than “awesomely tasty food from the North of India (and probably East or West but definitely not South)”, we shall stick to Wiki.

So yes, they had made Aloo Tikkiya, Dahi Vada, Dhaniya Aloo, Mutter, Golgappa, Bhaigan Pakodas and about 3-4 different kinds of chutneys. And I gorged on all of it, shamelessly kept burping throughout but remained unfazed by it, and continued gorging anyway.

Bliss!

A great end to a tiring day!

57 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment