Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 797: After A Long Time...!

It was a day of things happening 'after a long time....'.

Firstly, it was my first day back in the office after a week in Dhaka followed by the Chinese New Year. That was eleven days out of office in total, that too with no work at all throughout, which is quite long by my standards. But good thing was that, rather contradictory to my own expectations, I didn't feel blue at all! While yesterday evening I was feeling like it was the last day of the two-month Indian summer holidays and tomorrow I would have to back to school (something which I never enjoyed), today I had no such turmoil. Instead, I felt rather happy to be back and do my work, clear my emails, catch up on updates, rush for meetings, meet up with my colleagues etc. So that was nice!

After work, it was my turn to get back to swimming, again 'after a long time....'. And by long time here, I mean 1 year and 25 days! Yup, my exercise log shows that the last time I swam was on 31st December, 2010 and interestingly, as per my blog that day, I had done my longest ever swim at 20 laps! Why I quit swimming after that is something I myself can't figure out. Anyway, I decided to get back to swimming today but not without much difficulty. Looks like 1 year 25 days of not swimming does make you struggle a bit. In fact, I even forgot to take my goggles because that's how much I have become out of touch with the routine! But I survived about 10 laps and felt pretty good in spite of my sore muscles and blood red eyes.

Post swimming, I took a work call at night, again....'after a long time'. My night calls had significantly reduced over last few months and I realized that they are fun in their own way. To sit in your pajamas, pick at your dinner, listen to people from Latin America and Europe and try and solve a 100 issues with them over the phone, is indeed fun, especially when it doesn't happen too often!

The night ended with the hubby and I going over to my brother in laws place to take part in his birthday eve celebrations. It's been a while since I took part in anyone's birthday celebrations right at the stroke of midnight, so that was fun too!

Overall, a day of "after a long time..."s, but all awesome!

203 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment