Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 774: I Shall Dance!

One of things in my to-do list for this year, is to ensure that I continue dancing. Even though I was very active with dance in college, it completely stopped once I graduated, except at weddings that I attend on the hubby's side of the family (them being north Indians have major dancing events in their weddings). There were three such occasions so far and I enjoyed dancing at all three of them.

But now that there is no family wedding in sight for this year, I decided that I need to make a conscious effort to continue dancing if I do not want to lose touch with it. Hence, in my things-to-d0 for 2012, I have added in "Learn 5 new dance pieces". Which basically means I will watch 5 dance videos online, each in a different style, and try to learn and perfect them. That way I get practice a lot of different styles, I can do it in my own time at home, and it would be fun!

So today was the first day of this experiment. I chose a dance video I liked and started learning from it. And after about a couple of hours and several bruises, sprains and profuse sweating, I had learnt the whole piece! Sure there is huge room for perfection which will need a ton of practice of course, but I felt awesome!

This is something that I would really, really enjoy this year!

226 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment