Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 775: The Pain After!

My whole body is in knots today. I can't move my neck, shoulders, legs - especially the calves, my arms, and pretty much everything else that's remaining. This is on top of the huge multi coloured bruises I have on my knees.

And am feeling super happy about the whole deal! It might sound rather weird but I have a very good reason for it.

Because they are all the signs of an extremely good dancing session - one where I have learnt something very new and something that reminded me of muscles I never realized existed. I already noticed the sprains and bruises yesterday post the dance practice, but today the pain was at an altogether different level!

What's most interesting was this was almost nostalgic because it reminds me of all those wonderful dancing sessions we used to have in college where we explored all kinda different styles and stunts and which used to leave me in this badly bruised, sprained and painful condition.

But the feeling of satisfaction that this brings is just unbelievable! You know that you have pushed yourself hard and tried your best because hey, your body is very evidently is telling you so!

In the evening I hit yoga, to try and relax all those muscles a bit and they did relieve a lot of the discomfort. It was like getting a super good massage and I felt high through the day - from the very obvious feeling of having done something productive, from the pain, from the memories that it brought with it and last but not the least, from the awesome yoga that helped me pull and push and stretch all those sore muscles which was like a totally different kinda workout!

225 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment