Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 796: Subtitling, Malayalam Movie & Catch-Ups!

Today was a the last day of the long Chinese New Year weekend in Singapore. I spent a bulk of it on doing subtitling for Inganeyum Oru Katha. Given that it is a dialogue intensive, that too very fast paced ones, getting subtitling done was not an easy job. It was taking me a couple of hours to finish off each scene and every time I read through what I have written, I was finding more and more corrections to be made! But somehow it was more fun than frustration and I spent a good six to seven hours on it and enjoyed myself thoroughly!

Then I caught up with a few fellow Malayalis and together we went to watch that rare Malayalam movie that gets released in Singapore. The feedback on this film, titled "Arabiyum, Ottakavum Pinne P. Madhavan Nairum", had been pretty negative but I didn't mind it that much. Sure it had a ton of flaws, many of it rather annoying, but my friends and I enjoyed most part of it, maybe because of our low expectations, or from the joy of getting to watch a Malayalam movie on the big screen, or the good company I was in, or maybe even just the samosas we were having. Whatever be it, I definitely had fun!

Then it was time to meet up with the hubby and proceed for dinner with our usual gang in Singapore. We had not met the gang as a whole for more than a month now, because of everyone's travel plans during Christmas and New Year and our own Dhaka plans. So this was more or less like a reunion and needless to say, that was huge fun too!

So it was both a productive and a fun day, something's that's always welcome!

204 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment