Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 783: "Beautiful"!

I had been getting increasingly disappointed with Malayalam movies given that they are either just utter crap or the few that are actually good, are shameless copies of some other film.

While I expressed much of this opinion on Facebook, some of my friends asked me to go watch a recent release called "Beautiful".

To be honest, I wasn't too keen in the beginning because the trailers showed that it is about a paraplegic guy and I really have no taste for movies about handicaps because they usually end up as predictable and in your face calls for sympathy. So I had been avoiding it for a few weeks.

But today, I decided to watch it and get done with it once and for all.

And man, was I not surprised!

The movie was anything but a tear jerking, "pity-me" shouting mess, which was what I had been expecting. Instead, it was a very lighthearted, brilliantly written, laid back film with super cool performances, an interesting soundtrack and excellent cinematography! In a nutshell, I loved it!

I was so happy that not only was this such a well made film, but that it came from Malayalam!

"Beautiful" is indeed, beautiful!

217 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment