Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 529: From Rain to a List!

30 April, 2011

Clearly, am done with the "relaxation" period post Mausams.

Today, being a Saturday, I tried to relax the entire day. I was pretty successful at it too, given that I did absolutely NOTHING other than sleep, eat and watch movies the whole day.

But the entire process ended up in making me feel super frustrated. By 10pm, I was at my wits' end. I cribbed (to myself, since no one was around), that life has become totally meaningless and it was nothing short of an atrocity to have spent SO MUCH time doing Nothing. It was one big, ugly, bitter drama.

Sigh.

With 2 hours to go until the end of the day, I had to do something real quickly to salvage it.

Like I have written before, one way to salvage a ruined day is to have some great food. But today, I wasn't in a mood for that even.

Then came the rain - the other sure shot way to salvage a ruined day. As it started to drizzle, I walked out and wandered in the rain. It was breezy, chilly and the air had that wonderful scent of the first rain!

Ah!

The frustration melted away and I felt uplifted in an instant!

And then I decided, it's time to stop with the "break" and start to think about what's next.

And I did.

I came back home and listed down a few ideas - ranging from short films, to features, to plays, to paintings, to learning astrology (something which I had taken up for a while and was pretty decent at too!), to the "brainwave" I had written about before, etc. etc. I just have to do something, even if it's only a fraction of the scale of Mausams.

Now I have a list to start with. Let's see where it goes next!

471 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment