Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 537: Malayalam!

8 May, 2011

Malayalam is my mother tongue and these days it is restricted to only communicating with my parents. But I love watching Malayalam movies and also having that occasional Malayalam chat with my fellow Malayalis in Singapore.

Given the fact that am so out of touch with the language, especially the pure one that many of the movies follow, I had my doubts about being able to write a script in it. However, I did give it a go today. This is meant for the short film I had written about here and it would have about 7-8 scenes in total.

The best part was that I actually wrote it down on a piece of paper, instead of typing it out. This was because I am yet to figure out the technical details behind getting a good enough Malayalam font to work on my computer. So even though I did the writing more due to the necessity of having to do so, I still thoroughly enjoyed it!

So, an hour and an aching arm later, I had it in front of me. My first Malayalam scene.

463 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment