Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 541: Pooram & Panchavaadyam

12 May, 2011

So today was Pooram - the festival I had written about here. As expected, everyone back in Thrissur is super excited. My Facebook page was filled with status updates from my friends from school - either about how much they are enjoying Pooram (if they are in Thrissur) or about how much they are missing it (if they are not in Thrissur). Many of them uploaded the pictures as and when the events progressed. Some even posted videos. In a way, I felt the spirit all around! 

To add to it, my mom kept calling me every other hour to make me listen to the Panchavaadyam - percussion music played throughout the festival. She would keep the phone on, so that I can enjoy the drumbeats as I work on my business plans at office! Can it possibly get even more festive that that, sitting so far away from home?!

So yes, today I celebrated Pooram as well as it could be celebrated out of India! 

459 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment