Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 545: MOST Memorable Day!!!

This would be the most memorable day of my life! Hands down, seriously!

Ok here is a bit of background (I know I have written about this before, but since this is SO important to me, let me repeat myself).

I have always considered myself to be very fortunate to have travelled as much I have. But every time I go somewhere new or very beautiful, I always used to feel that my parents and parents in law also should have the similar experience of visiting such wonderful places.

So much so that, one of items on my things-to-do-before-I-turn-30 was to send all 4 of them to some beautiful place outside of Asia. And towards the end of last year, it was decided that place would be Europe.

I booked all four of them on an European tour covering 8 countries over 2 weeks. Over the last few months the excitement had mounted up significantly among the folks about their upcoming trip, and it was really delightful to watch!

And today, their European trip started. My parents and in laws flew from Kerala and Kanpur respectively to Mumbai and the plan was to catch the 5am flight from there to London together.

Now everything happened according to what's been planned and they were all set in Mumbai airport.

What they didn't know was that the hubby and I too were planning to join them on the trip! So today, as they were lounging around at the airport for the flight to London, the hubby and I simply appeared before them!

It was the biggest surprise of their lives and the most fun thing I have ever done!!! First they didn't realize what was happening (they actually couldn't believe it was us, until several moments of open mouthed gazing), then there were squeals, screams, clapping, tears - almost (my mom), jumping up and down (mom in law) etc etc etc. It was so, so, so awesome! I had been keeping this a secret for the last several months and it needed hell a lot of sly planning to ensure that it didn't leak!

I will never ever forget the looks on the faces and their adorable reactions! And now, we are off to London!

455 more to go.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic. This sounds absolutely amazing. You have given me ideas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds absolutely fun!! and what a lovely surprise!! tooo good!

    ReplyDelete