Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 999: Just 1 more to go!

Lovely day!

Early in the morning my parents arrived. They are here to celebrate my birthday, the hubby's birthday, my mom's birthday and their own wedding anniversary and also very importantly, to visit a very pregnant me!

So the day started off pretty well!

Oh and before I forget, today is also my "Malayalam birthday". Every year I (and in fact every other Malayali) end up having two birthdays - one as per the English solar calendar and one as per the Malayalam lunar calendar. The English birthday comes on a fixed date every year but the Malayalam one can change. And this year, it falls today.

So yeah, in a way, my birthday kinda already started and it was good to have my parents around when that happened!

Then I went to work really early and finished off a huge chunk that I had to. I had been dreading the work for a while, so it felt to good to tick off this chunk!

Then back at home, it was time to enjoy some of mom's cooking - my favourite mathan-payar-elassery (pumpkin-pea-curry) and sevai with rasam! Yum!

Later, as part of the birthday, we decided to visit the temple. One temple visit very soon converted to two temple visits and we spent a considerable amount of time at both the places. That was pretty nice because that's exactly how my Malayalam birthdays used to be celebrated - visiting temples together with parents! Nice.... don't think it has happened ever since I got to Singapore more than 13 years ago!

Right now, as I write this blog, my parents and the hubby are around, all of them chilling out and having a conversation. First few of the birthday wishes are flowing in from some close friends. And I am mentally going through the decades that have passed.

I feel good. Last day of the 20s and I feel really good. It's been great so far and I look forward to tomorrow.

1 more to go.

Yup.

Just 1 more to go. 

5 comments:

  1. Perannaal Aashamsagal :)
    Thiruvaathira nakshatram? I'm Rohini (this last Sunday :D)
    To this zestful Lioness, from another, are wishes for good health, a safe delivery, and beautiful beautiful healthy baby, and all of those dreams blossoming into a garden of possibilities in the rainbow of your life :) Keep charming us :) God Bless... :)
    Will be back tomorrow too :D
    For the standing ovation, and to ask for an encore :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you teacher! :) Yes, thiruvathira nakshatram :) Happy Birthday to you too!!! Many of my favourite people in the world are Rohini, I realize! :)

      Thank you for all the wishes and blessings! The way you write has so much of beauty in it, it like not just a wish but poetry! What a pleasure to know you!

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. And here is your virtual gift :) For 15th. The 1000th.
    here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shilpa
    What's your plan for the blog.. It's become my daily routine to read it .. So please continue.... And a very happy birthday to u and Shivanu. Also regards to parents. Take care
    Anu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anu! From me and Shivanu! :) And no immediate plans to continue writing... but let's see how it goes! Thank you for reading throughout and supporting! It means the world! :)

      Delete