Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 761: Yoga Joy, Figure Skating & Some Yearly Reflection!

Warning: Contains some hardcore philosophical stuff at the end.


So the holiday joy continues.... which basically means, just like yesterday, I continue to feel upbeat and I continue to beam with no particular reason to do so!

But some highlights are:


a) Spreading yoga joy to a good friend. He is leaving the country pretty soon and given that he is a fitness freak, focused on running, biking and swimming, I decided that he must have a taste of hot yoga before he leaves! And so I got him down to the studio and successfully got him to try a class. And he loved it too! So that was my good deed for the day!


b) Watching the figure skating performers at Novena. Every year, if any of my family members are in town, I usually take them to watch this. It takes place at the Novena Square Velocity mall, for about 5 days until Christmas and the performers usually come from Australia. Every single year, the performances had been breathtaking and today was no different! I watched them, mesmerized! I also missed my family back at home - my mom, in-laws and even my aunt who had been here one year or the other, watching this with me. But missing someone is not necessarily bad I suppose. It just means you are remembering some good times... so that's nice as well!


c) Watching the Google Zeitgeist video that shows a review of 2011. I loved this one! Sure, you can say that it is just Google marketing itself ... blah blah.... but there is no denying that there are a few great moments in there and the music is to die for! Watch it if you haven't done so yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAIEamakLoY


And that's the best part about this calendar year process. Imagine how it would be if there were no years or birthdays or any such time related flags that pop up on a regular basis?


We might just go on and on and on without stopping and looking back. Or for that matter, thinking about what next. In my head, that would be a pretty horrendous situation.


But good news is that we do have regular time related reminders. Every time a year ends, we can look back and reflect. So much to think about, smile about, many precious instances to store in our heads forever and several to be forgotten and letting go. It's a wonderful process, really. It heals and builds hope. And that's what makes it so beautiful!


OK, if I have completely oversold the "year" as a concept above, well... am not gonna apologize. I still love it! And hey, you were warned!


239 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment