Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 752: Social Butterfly, Masala Chai Maker & Script Writer

The productivity and fun from the Saturday continued to Sunday! Here are the highlights:

a) I attended two (yeah not one but TWO) birthday parties today, which made me feel like such a social buttery! Phew! First it was the birthday party of one of my closest friend’s daughter. It was a pretty grand event, it being her 1st birthday, with an elaborate buffet lunch at Shahi Maharani. Not only did I stuff myself with all the yummy chaats, tandoori dishes and desserts, I also managed to mingle around pretty well with the 70-80 people who had turned up. It was quite fun! Then at night, I had another round of birthday celebrations. This time, it was that of a close friend from college, and it was more of a small group, intimate but nice celebration. We had a great time chatting away into the night, enjoying home made mojitos, vegan cup cakes and watching cricket intermittently (India won, yay!)

b) Anyone who’s been reading this blog would know that I am a great lover of chai. Masala chai, to be precise. But I had never made chai, let alone masala chai. Yeah I know. It is quite a shocker that I have made chicken fry and upma and seyal and vermicelli and all those fancy stuff but not chai. But these things happen. However, today, things were to change. For once and for all! OK… so this is what happened… When we got back home after the first birthday party, the hubby readily declared that he wanted to have chai. I gave him a dirty look and then ignored him. You see, today’s Jumilah’s off-day which the hubby is very well aware of, so such declarations implying that I need to get working on what he needs, were not very acceptable. But then I realized that the mention of “chai” has gotten me to crave for chai as well. Argh. So I decided that it was time. It was time to make my own masala chai. After googling up some recipes, I got down to work. Within a few minutes I had a boiling cup of chai in front of me. To be honest, I was a bit hesitant to taste it at first. What if it’s really horrid? The inability to make masala chai would leave me scarred for life! But then I realized that the chai was smelling really good. Like really, really good! That encouraged me to take a sip. Slurp.. I sipped. Ahhhh…. I exhaled, in absolute elation and complete contentment! It was the perfect masala chai! Perfect. Just the way I like it! Slurp… Ahhh…. Slurp… Ahhhh…! I felt like Zakir Hussain in the Taj Mahal teabag ads. It was the next level of awesomeness! I am now officially a Masala Chai maker. And the realization that I can now make masala chai any time I crave for it.... pure AWESOMEness!

c) Last but not the least, I also progressed with the script of my next feature film and completed about 6 scenes (about 35%) of the script. I had a great time writing it, imagining the scenes in my head and enacting it as I went by. And the fact that I reached about 35% made me feel super good!

So yes a Social Butterfly, a Masala Chai Maker and a Script Writer. All in 1 day!

248 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment