Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 755: The Doc!

There is this doctor in Singapore whom I absolutely love and I decided that I must write about her on the blog!

She is the chief GP at the Healthway Medical Centre in Novena, which is my company's official health centre for its employees. So I end up going there every now and then.

Today too I ended up going there, given the newly caught flu and sudden descent of an ridiculous amount of fatigue and chillness in the afternoon.

This doc, as usual, was in her exuberant self and just talking to her made me feel a lot better! SThere's something very pleasant about her personality and she sounds genuinely concerned about you, which you obviously appreciate when you are ill! he must be meeting so many sick people every day, but she always smiles, cracks jokes and makes this clinic-going experience a lot more pleasant than it would have been otherwise!

Thanks to her gift for lifting my spirits up, I always leave the clinic feeling like a child who's been given a candy to compensate for the pain of going to the doctor. And this time was no different either! I left the clinic slightly better already!

And hey, the best part is not just her jovial outlook and interpersonal skills that make you feel so happy and less sick, but she is actually SO good at what she does!

My personal experience (as well as my mom's and my hubby's who have also been to her) is that she is excellent with her diagnosis and her prescriptions. She has always cured everything, pretty much quickly also! And she never prescribes more medicines than absolutely needed.

Even this time, my viral fever (that's what I was diagnosed with) dipped within a few hours, thanks to her medicines!

In short, she is one person who's had quite some impact in my life without probably realizing it herself and I decided that today's post would belong to her, for making me leave a medical clinic with a smile!

245 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment