Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 748: Non Stop 3.4!

Now that I am back in Singapore with no more travelling or any other distraction for a long while, I decided that it's high time I got back to exercising. The last time I got any kind exercise was probably three weeks ago! Sigh!

So I decided to go for a run. Take my usual 3.4km route. And here's what happened...

I start to run.

And I run....

And I run....

And I run....

And then I realize that I have already passed by my usual first resting spot and I am not tired at all!

You see, after every kilometer or so, I usually pause for about a minute, catch my breath and then run again. However, this time around, that regular first resting spot of mine was well past but I was still going strong!

Pretty amused by this unexpected turn of events, I continue to run...

And I continue to run....

And I continue to run....

And then, the second resting spot also whizzes past and I still am not that tired. Tired, yes. But not that tired.

And then the mind games begin. One part of me wants to run the remaining distance, about 1.3-1.4kms without stopping at all. Another part immediately starts to feel tired, more mental than physical for sure, but it definitely starts to feel like I wont be able to make the remaining distance without stopping.

But one gotta give it a go.

So I continue to run....

And I continue to run....

And I continue to run...

And now things are very obviously getting hard. I feel my heart in my mouth. I hear my heartbeats in some seriously loud decibels. I begin to sweat like a pig.

But then there was only about 500 mts or so left...

So I run.........

And I run........

And I run........

And then suddenly it ends. Like an oasis in a desert, the swimming pool of my condominium, appears right in front of me. That's the official stopping point of all my runs.

I made it!!!

Non stop 3.4 kms!!!

Hasn't happened in more than a year or so!

Yeah baby!

Never gonna do that again because it felt so bloody hard, but for today, it was a rocking experience and I feel super awesome about it!

252 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment