Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 751: Seyal, Upma, Yoga, Nando's, Fun!

It was a pretty cool Saturday! One which was completely satisfying because of the range of things I ended up doing, most of which were rather productive.

It all started with me making a breakfast of Seyal Dabroti, a Sindhi dish (of bread in a thick gravy) that I had taken a fancy for at my favourite restaurant Kailas Parbat, and which I was determined to reproduce at home. And that came out pretty well! So the hubby and I had a yummy breakfast and chilled out for a while – watching TV, Facebook-ing, reading and such.

Then it was lunch time and I had this really strong craving for some Upma. Not just any Upma, but the carrot-tomato Upma that my mom makes. So I called my mom up, got the recipe, and made that. That too came out pretty yummy, much to my satisfaction… and a bit of surprise! To be honest … to try making TWO dishes in a day and both turning out well was something I had not quite expected. So that was indeed awesome!

After all that eating of Seyal Dabroti and Carrot-Tomato Upma since morning, it was time to burn it all off. So the hubby and I made our way to our Bikram yoga class. There we bumped into the founder of the studio who expressed her extreme surprise at seeing the hubby back in the studio after “ages”! She looked more surprised than she would have, had she bumped into a dinosaur. It was quite a sight, to say the least. After the hubby blabbered out enough unconvincing excuses for his absence from the hot room for all these months, we proceeded for our class.

And the class turned out to be pretty good for me and I felt on top of the world!

Post the burning of all those calories, it was time for putting all of it back again. For dinner, we met some friends, and went to my favourite place Nando’s for some of their fiery spiced grilled chicken (reasonably healthy) topped with their fiery spiced French fries (anything but healthy). That was super yummy and I felt even more on top of the world!

To wind off a pretty great day so far, all of us went and watched this movie called Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl. It was decently entertaining, and had some fantastic performances by the cast. So I enjoyed that too!

Nett, a pretty great day of cooking (not once, but TWICE), yoga, enjoying great food & company and generally feeling on top of universe!

249 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment