Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Days 879 - 881: Getting Back to Exercise!

16 April - 18 April, 2012

For a lot of different reasons, I have been keeping away from exercise, even if it is walking, for the last couple of weeks. Firstly the enhanced nausea and threat of throwing up any time, made me scared to step far away from my house for an extended period of time.Secondly, the gym in the apartment was under renovation so that option was out. Thirdly, I was too scared to swim because the last time I went swimming (about two months ago), I struggled through it probably because it was the onset of pregnancy. Anyway, the point being, there was no exercise for a while.

So now coming to the good news - I got three consecutive days of exercising and I feel pretty good about that! 

On Monday, I went to the gym (which has now reopened post the renovation) and did 20 minutes of cycling. It's very little exercise under normal circumstances but in my current circumstances, it was a lot. It made me feel a lot better and was definitely the highlight of the day. 

On Tuesday, the hubby accompanied for a swim and it was one of the best swims I've ever had! I realized that whenever I am in the process of swimming I can breathe a lot more easily and I don't feel nauseous at all, which was such a welcome change! Sure, the feeling doesn't last when I surface from the water, but even then it was awesome. I enjoyed it thoroughly and most importantly I was over my fear of hitting the water again! 

On Wednesday, I went back to the gym and this time I did 20 minutes of cycling and 15 minutes of brisk walking on the treadmill which, as you can see, is already a significant improvement from Monday. So that made me feel a lot better too! 

So I guess it is steady progress, albeit being very slow. The nausea and throwing up continues in spite of the exercise but I feel slightly more useful and productive than before. 

119 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment