Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 730: Tilak, Sangeet & Dance!

In the morning, the hubby and I set off for the Allahabad airport to pick up brother and sister in law who were to arrive from Singapore. Given that we reached the airport pretty early, we decided to drive around the area for a while. That was pretty nice and it was a good opportunity to see a bit more of Allahabad.

The airport itself was quite interesting too. It was the civilian terminal of the indian air force and was situated in a beautiful, quiet area, very much away and different from the rest of the city.

After picking up bro n sis, we made our way back to the wedding venue for the Tilak ceremony which for me, basically meant getting dressed in a gorgeous sari and having a fab time!

After the ceremony, everyone went into major preparation for the upcoming Sangeet in the evening. There were songs to be prepared, dances to be rehearsed, program schedule to be made, props to be finalized etc. There were last minute additions to the program and we even had new dances being choreographed until an hour before the show! In short, it was chaotic and huge fun, really!

And then of course, it was time for the sangeet! We had a fantastic time going through the concert! I enjoyed watching all the performances as much as I enjoyed performing myself. It was the culmination of all those days of rehearsals and I had a great time performing! I must add that at the very end of one of my dances, I lost my footing thanks to a very slippery floor and let's just say that I ended the dance in a pose very different from what I had intended. But even that didn't mar my excitement and happiness!

Here are the videos of the dances we performed:
Couple dance with the hubby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1RBOZYMo-A

Post the sangeet, it was another round of great food, fireworks and some mindless dancing to the DJ's music!

Thus another awesome day came to an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment