Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 724: Frustration to Gobi Parathas!

Well.. well... what a day!

I did pretty much like the stupidest thing in the world, which left me frustrated for a good couple of hours! Here's the story...

I was to attend a play directed by a friend and very happily I left home, in the pouring rain, to go to Fort Canning Park where the Drama Centre is located.

Everything went off very smoothly till then. In fact, I was almost chirping and hopping because the cabbie, a very sweet chap, even offered me his umbrella to get to the building from the car park! He said, "You can take it. I have another one." How generous is that?! Anyway, I didn't take that of course.. instead I simply dashed to the nearest shelter I could find to take cover from the rain.

So yes, everything was rosy and nice and I decided that I will wait for a few mins before making my way to the Drama Center which is just a little distance away. After all, I was well ahead of time, so all was good.

Except, I figured out in a few minutes from a map of the park nearby, that the Drama is not located at the Fort Canning Park.

I was stumped. How could that possibly be?! I was pretty certain that it was location for the Drama Center... I mean, I myself have performed there a while ago!

A bit of googling told me that yes indeed, the Drama Center was located at Fort Canning Park but since 2005, had shifted itself to the National Library building.

Blah.

This basically meant that I had to immediately rush to the Library. Only that the universe wasn't making it any easy for me to get there. It was pouring cats and dogs, I had no umbrella, the park is in the middle of nowhere and I had no human beings or vehicles around me and the taxi company was unreachable via phone as is the case with Singapore every time it rains. In other words, I was stuck. Majorly so.

So I ended up staring at the rain for about 40 minutes until a blessed cab happened to pass by. Given that it was too late to make it for the play, I just returned home.

Needless to say, it was frustrating.

But what the heck. You can always turn the day around. So I decided that I shall cook and make something super cool like Gobi Parathas (cauliflower breads, north indian style). After going through a few recipes online, I felt I was ready to take the plunge.

And I did.

And the Gobi Parathas were awe.freaking.some! Even the hubby looked surprised at the quality (*snort*).

Thanks to that always-ready-to-come-to-the-rescue option of having some awesome food, which is made even more cooler by the fact that I made them themselves, I went to bed a very happy person!

276 more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment