Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 713: Silver Screen Award!

The most wonderful and very much unexpected thing happened today!

It all started with me reaching out for my phone just as I woke up in the morning. I was still almost deep asleep when I opened my email on the phone and glanced through my inbox. One of the subject lines "Nevada Film Festival...." caught my eye and I opened the email thinking it might be a Film festival rejection email or maybe even an advertisement for a film festival.

Because the truth is I had applied to this festival several months ago and had completely forgotten about it. It was very much off my radar, mainly because I had no hopes of getting into it.

Anyway, back to the email. I opened it, and in my very sleepy drowsiness, I scanned through its contents. It was saying something like "congratulations"..."won the Silver Screen Award".. etc. I rubbed my eyes a couple of times and read through the email again, almost certain that I could be misinterpreting the whole thing. In the second or probably third reading, it looked clearer that they are indeed saying I won some award. But somehow I couldn't be sure. What if it was a mistake and am not the rightful recipient?! After all, the email had started with "Dear film maker" and not in my name?

That's when I noticed the line "the complete list of winners is given below" and then a list of films beneath that. And there I saw... under the Silver Screen Awards, it said "Mausams by Shilpa Krishnan Shukla".

Mausams just became an "award winning" film!!!

I sat up gaping. For how long, am not sure.

Like, seriously! Who would have thought?!

Even as I woke the hubby up I said, "I think.. Mausams won some award?!" It was just surreal! I just couldn't believe it!

And from there it just turned to one awesome day! I immediately shared the news with my cast and crew and family and everyone was on top of the world! My editor even called me up at 5am his time to respond to the SMS I sent him!

In the evening I went to the temple and thanked God for so much kindness! This was then followed by celebration via skipping yoga and instead do the exact opposite thing on the health meter - i.e have the awesome thalassey biriyani from Swadhisht! Yumm!!

I must also mention that while winning the award was nice, what made it a lot nicer was how all my wonderful friends responded to it! My Facebook notifications simply went bonkers! My phone remained busy throughout with calls and messages! Everybody was so thrilled and happy for us, which was so incredibly sweet!

I felt like giving one fat hug to all of them!! God bless them all!

This one goes to the Mausams team and everyone who supported this tiny film in any whichever way! Thank you!

287 more to go.

1 comment: