Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 35: A Book and Some Wind

After days of festivity and walking around with my mom and aunt, today I unexpectedly got some lone time. I left work early and after a yoga session, had a meal by myself since the two of them had gone off to the Zoo. I realized that I had not done that in a while. Sitting in a restaurant alone, have a meal by myself with only a book as company. And I quite enjoyed that! Of course, it would have helped if the book was a lot more interesting (I was reading The New Life by Orhan Pamuk and I believe it is narrating the story of a guy slowly losing his mind which really was a bit of a drag) but even otherwise, just some time alone was wonderful.

And even more unexpectedly, I did something I had been planning for a long time but never ended up doing. I spent almost half an hour enjoying the wind in the corridor right outside my flat. My flat is on a high floor and this corridor is always windy. It's like some wind tunnel passing through it. When we bought this house I had grand plans of spending time on that corridor and enjoying the wind whenever I felt like it. That was almost a year ago, and so far I had not spent more than 30 seconds there.

Today, I reached back home earlier than planned only to find that I wasn't carrying my set of keys. So I had to wait for my mom and aunt to get back before I could enter my house. Which meant that I stand on that corridor. The wind today was stronger and colder than usual because of the onset of a rain and I spent a good 30 minutes enjoying it. Totally unexpected, but completely satisfying.

And of course, my mom and aunt shared their tales from the Zoo which were very entertaining as always and the rest of the evening was spent in photo taking in and around my neighbourhood. It's almost as if the two ladies are growing younger by the day, the way their excitment and girly chatter is growing! I feel like the oldest one around now but am Loving it all!

965 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment