Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 14: A snowy welcome to December!

It's December!

It's my most favourite month of year! I love absolutely everything about it! The pleasant weather, the shopping frenzy I see around me, Orchard road with all its wonderful decorations, the fact that half of my office folks would be out (which means I can chill during both weekdays and weekends), the greeting card exchanges and the mad rush to make yet another list of New Year resolutions. It's all so exciting!

Now I would have loved December even more if we had snow in Singapore. A white Christmas has always been my dream! But Singapore has no seasons and I had made my peace with the fact that a tropical country shall always remain a tropical country.

But today, I actually managed to welcome December with Snow in Singapore. In an unexpected turn of events, thanks to the creative thinking of my manager, we had a team building event at the Singapore Snow City.

Yes yes... I know that the Snow City is nothing like a city covered in Snow. In fact it is a mere room covered in snow. BUT, I had never been there before and it was such a pleasant surprise!

I loved wearing all those super thick winter clothing and posing for photographs at the different set-ups including a mock living room, igloo, polar bear, ski slope and ice-bar. I loved slipping over all that snow every now and then, having hot chocolate in true ski-resort style, constantly checking whether my nose was intact since it turned absolutely numb within 10 minutes being in that -10 degree room and last but not the least, I absolutely and completely loved sliding down the snow slope on a rubber tube over and over and over again!

And I think the best part was that just when I thought there is a serious danger of my frozen nose falling off, I could just walk out and appreciate the warmth of Singapore.

So much fun and so unexpected! Here's to a wonderful December!

986 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment