Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 27: A Monday that felt like a Friday

I just realized today's a Monday! Reason? I had such a fun day! I mean it was so much fun that it almost felt like a Friday! OK here's what made it fun...

a) No meetings. Man, what a difference to life that makes. In fact an absolute absence of meetings at work today makes me even look forward a bit to my jam-packed-with-meetings day tomorrow.
b) Two lunches with two friends. Ya, I seemed to have the time for that today.
c) A friend told me that a script I wrote made her cry. Not out of misery but because it actually moved her. Didn't expect that for sure!
d) Had a great chat over the phone with my mom and aunt, who are arriving in Singapore tomorrow, about all their preparations and plans. My mom is notorious for packing all the things that she can find in Kerala (including brown rice and coconuts) and then having to give them up at the airport because her luggage, without fail, goes overweight. She called me up from the airport and proudly proclaimed that this has indeed happened once again BUT she had to forgo only the brown rice and not the coconuts this time around. Great improvement there.
e) Made plans with mom-in-law on dances to perform at bro-in-law's wedding.
f) Hubby and I skipped yoga and instead found ourselves fooling around with the keyboards at an electronics store. And surprisingly we composed some decent tunes.
g) Watched 2012. It was horrible. But my imaginative husband was inspired and turned into a "world-is-gonna-end" mode. Which means he would thrust the shopping bag into my arms and scream "HOLD IT... the world is going to end!" or he would make a dramatic dash across the road saying "CROSS IT... the world is going to end!". It lasted for about 10 minutes and it was fascinating.

So there. It was a great day overall! Enjoyed every bit of it!

973 more to go.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun. Scripts, music, masti with friends and family and no meetings at work. Well even Friday will not pack this much fun in itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah! But on the other hand, Tue and Wed so far has been packed with meetings all the way until night. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete