Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 30 - One Month WooooHoooooo

Today I officially complete 30 whole days, in other words 1 whole month, of writing this blog. And this is really significant for two reasons.

1) I have never ever, by choice, done anything consistently for 30 consecutive days. I specify "by choice" here, because I don't count things like studying for my board exams which was done purely from lack of choice. Even actvities that I love, say rehearsing for a play, have not seen 30 consecutive days. So actually managing to write this blog for 30 days is like an achievement of unimaginable magnitude for me. My bloated ego is currently congratulating myself on my determination and perseverence. Muhahaha (sorry, couldn't help the self-appreciating laughter).

2) It has been an eye and mind opening experience. When I started out with the mission of finding at least one special thing a day that makes it worthwhile to live, I did not imagine that it would be SO hard. Seriously, I have had a couple of notoriously horrible days in the last one month. But thanks to writing this blog, I was forced to look for that silver lining each day. Which re-affirms my belief that it is indeed possible to view life as bad or as good as you want it to be.

The next milestone will be on Day 100.

970 more to go.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent keep it up. Read every entry. Don't stop. An ex-convict the other day told me 'emotions are just a state of mind', and that explains how u can always find a silver lining when we try hard to declutter our brains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) Will try my best! :) Also I realised you write a blog too! I love the latest post there... (and my heart cries).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff, I need to develop such discipline too, I have much to write about but oh this lethargy! it shall be the death of me :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks Sherene! :) But honestly, more than my discipline, I think the fear of losing my face, after proclaiming on FB and Twitter abt my 1000-day-blogging mission, is what has kept me at it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I am repeating myself here, but I love your blog :) Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete