Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 11: Five hours of voices in my head and finally, a Script in my hands.

Today started with breakfast at Murugan Idly. It's a $9 cab ride each way between the restaurant and my house but my hubby and I find it a worthwhile investment. So the morning started on a high but then there were a couple of hours of pure frustration when I had to unpack my luggage - the ones I took to US, Japan and Bangkok. After this tedious and highly boring task, I felt determined.

I felt determined to make the day special somehow - after all, am writing a blog about it man!

So I sat down to continue writing my feature film script, which I had not worked on for a while. Honestly, when I sat down to work on it, I had little hope of making any progress. After all, it's been more than a month since I gave it any serious thought.

In any case, I gave it a shot. I played the characters in my head. I watched the scenes and listened to their conversations. I acted out as if I were each character. I listened to different songs to vary my mood according to the characters.

And I wrote and I wrote and I wrote. Five straight hours.

And ladies and gentlemen, I have my feature film script.

OK, let's not get into whether it's good or bad or funny or sad. It is very much in a draft stage with lots of revisions on the way but it is a Complete Draft. Am not sure whether or when or how it will be made, but I have my Script!

The sense of achievement was so heady that I went for a long swim. And now to calm my nerves down further, am going for a great meal and a glass of wine at Clarke Quay.

989 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment